2019 Guide To The Night Sky
A Month-by-month Guide To Exploring The Skies Above Australia, New Zealand And South Africa
Author: Storm Dunlop, Wil Tirion
This practical guide is both an easy introduction to astronomy and a useful reference for seasoned stargazers. Now includes a section on comets and a map of the moon.
Diagrams drawn for the latitude of southern Australia, but including events visible from New Zealand and South Africa.
Written and illustrated by astronomical experts, Storm Dunlop and Wil Tirion.
- Advice on where to start looking.
- Easy-to-use star maps for each month with descriptions of what to see.
- Positions of the moon and visible planets.
- Details of objects and events you might see in 2019.
- Diagrams of notable events visible from Australia, and some for New Zealand and South Africa.
About the Authors
Storm Dunlop has written numerous books on astronomy and meteorology, and has acted as editor and consultant on many more. He is a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, a member of both the International Astronomical Union and the American Association of Variable Star Observers, and is a former President of the British Astronomical Association. Storm is a Visiting Research Fellow at the University of Sussex.
Wil Tirion is the world’s leading uranographer and his charts appear in publications all over the world