Selvedge Magazine – Folk Art
March / April 2019
By: Selvedge Magazine: The Fabric of Your Life
- What is Folk Art? We find out what is so special about Santa Fe
- Living Modern Wanda Corn unlocks the wardrobe of Georgia O’Keefe
- Modern Love Alexander Girard and the sources of Modernism
- Not so so-so Somporn Intaraprayong’s hand-stitched expression
- Artistic License Designers using museum resources
- White Needlework Mamta Varma’s Chikan embroidery
- Mario Testino Peruvian Alta Moda
- Mexican Artist Eli Sudbrack
- Mexico Modern Carla Fernandez
- Santa Fe Dry Good
- High Fashion Peru Travel
- Tickled Pink Keith Ricker Discoveries Cochineal in Oaxaca
- Mind the shop Shopping at ANORA in Mexico City
- Dance, Dance, Dance: Morris Dancers
About Selvedge Magazine
Selvedge covers fine textiles in every context with illustrated features on fine art, fashion, interiors, ethnographic textiles, important collections, travel and shopping. The latest book reviews and exhibitions also feature in every issue, providing a wide-ranging, unbiased and critical overview of the textile world.
The Selvedge readership includes professional artists, textile students, collectors, fashion and interior designers, museum curators and gallery owners. The magazine’s aim is to help readers learn about the history, techniques, artists and designers behind the items that now furnish their lives.
Selvedge aims to provide a publication that reflects the creative lifestyle and tastes of this group without isolating or restricting readers. The magazine serves as a link to many other areas of interest, inspiration and knowledge.