Ayurveda Lifestyle Wisdom
A Complete Prescription to Optimize Your Health, Prevent Disease, and Live with Vitality and Joy
Author: Acharya Shunya
Ayurveda teaches us that true health is our birthright and that by artfully adapting to the rhythms of nature, we can bring ourselves back into balance and experience optimal well-being. Ayurveda Lifestyle Wisdom is a groundbreaking work within the field of holistic health and traditional yoga, written by internationally renowned Ayurvedic healer, teacher, and scholar Acharya Shunya.
Raised in a distinguished lineage of Vedic mystics and healers, Shunya learned the ancient art of Ayurveda directly from her grandfather, a well-known healer in Northern India. Here, she presents both an engaging narrative of her unique education, as well as a complete encyclopedia of Ayurvedic practices, recipes, and knowledge.
With Ayurveda Lifestyle Wisdom, Shunya maintains the integrity of Ayurveda’s traditional teachings while showing us how to integrate them into our modern lifestyles. Through her in-depth teachings, we learn to live in a way that supports our greatest health through daily ritual, nourishing food, spiritual practice, and self-care.
- Detailed instructions for a nourishing daily routine, organized by time of day and aligned with seasonal changes
- Clear, accessible guidance in the basic principles of Ayurveda, as transmitted through an uninterrupted lineage of Ayurvedic healers
- Dozens of traditional recipes, along with advice for structuring your meals according to the season, your constitution, and your unique health needs
- A treasury of lifestyle teachings and wellness practices—meditation and pranayama, exercise and yoga, connecting with nature, rituals for self-care and pleasure, daily cleansing routines, and working with the doshas (energetic body types)
- An approach to healing both practical and spiritual—restore your body to health with holistic lifestyle guidance, rather than a list of rigid rules or do’s and don’ts
- Beauty routines and rituals, including recipes for homemade scrubs, oil blends, gargles, and more
- How modern lifestyles contribute to chronic disease, and how to restore vital health through Ayurveda
- Experience greater physical energy, more joy, better sleep, increased sexual pleasure, improved digestion, stronger immunity, and many other benefits in mind, body, and soul
“This book that you are holding in your hand has the potential to change your state of health for the better, permanently,” writes Shunya. “Health is not a probability that you may achieve. It is a reality, an underlying natural state of being.”
Whether you’re looking for help with a specific health concern, or if you’d simply like to improve your overall well-being, in Ayurveda Lifestyle Wisdom you’ll finda treasury of Ayurvedic lifestyle teachings and wellness practices for every part of your day.
About the Author
Acharya Shunya is an internationally recognized spiritual teacher who awakens health and consciousness through Ayurveda lifestyle and Vedic spiritual teachings. She is founder of Vedika Global, a wisdom school and spiritual community in California, and is President of the California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine.