Everyday Ayurveda Cooking For A Calm, Clear Mind
100 Simple Sattvic Recipes
Author: Kate O’Donnell
Did you know food can be used not only to promote the health of the body, but also the mind?
Ayurveda, India’s ancient healing system, describes the three major energies of this universe that affect our mind:
- Sattva promotes a state of clarity and calm;
- Rajas stimulates and increases reactivity and excitability;
- Tamas promotes dull, slow, and stagnant states of mind.
This knowledge of how to choose the right foods to balance our states of mind can be used to treat ailments such as sleep difficulties, anxiety, and depression.
After an introduction to Ayurveda and the mind and body connection, the recipes are organized into three parts:
- Recipes for Clarity focuses on cultivating Sattva;
- Recipes for Relaxation focuses on managing Rajas;
- and Recipes for Vitality focuses on motivating Tamas.
Showcasing seasonal, whole, unprocessed foods, the recipes work to help maintain consistent energy and an inspired state, while also calming feelings of over-stimulation and building energy if feeling sluggish.
Out of stock
Number Of Pages: 320